In the course of accessing or operating our website [elkaknitwear.co.nz] (Websites) Elka Knitwear LTD (we) may collect, use, disclose and hold personally identifiable information about you (Personal Information).
1. WEBSITE VISITORS
1.1 If you are a visitor, during your visit to our Website we will collect statistical data about your visit, such as the date, time and length of your visit, the URLs or addresses of the website pages you visit, the operating system, browser, each engine and IP address used by the computer you are using to connect to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet. This information is collected by third party software operating on our Website.
1.2 We use that statistical data to:
- (a) identify user behaviour and industry trends on our Website; and
- (b) maintain and optimise the technical performance, operation and security of our Website.
2. REGISTERED USERS
2.1 If you register for a user log-in for the Website (User Log-In) we may hold and use any Personal Information you provide or we otherwise obtain in accordance with this policy, including where we obtain that Personal Information as a result of:
- (a) you voluntarily providing us with your name, contact details, credit card details or other Personal Information (for example, in the process of purchasing a product, registering for and updating your User Log-In or posting any comment);
- (b) you connecting to the Website using your Facebook credentials (or your credential from any other integrated service), in which case you authorise us to collect your authentication information such as your username, encrypted access credentials, name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, birth date, gender, friends names and profile pictures and networks and other information available through your account at Facebook (or other integrated service provider). We may verify your information with Facebook (or other integrated service provider);
- (d) that Personal Information being provided to us by a third party payment processor used to process any payment made by you for, or in relation to, any good or other service you acquire through the Website.
2.2 In addition to the above, we may use, disclose and hold such Personal Information:
- (a) for providing you with the Website and requested goods or services provided through the Website;
- (b) to analyse your use of the Website, including your interaction with content made available through the Website;
- (c) to ensure technical functioning of the Website and related services;
- (d) when contacting you about the Website, your purchases or other services we provide to you;
- (e) to arrange your payments, including through third party processors;
- (f) to gauge customer satisfaction and provide customer services;
- (g) to maintain our records;
- (h) to address feedback or complaints and resolve disputes;
- (j) to the extent we are required to do so by any law, court or regulatory authority; and
- (k) for any other use or disclosure you authorise.
2.4 If you want to stop using or receiving any content in relation to the Website or other service, you can contact us at any time to request that we cancel your User Log-In.
2.5 You understand and agree that Facebook’s (or any other third party’s) collection and use of information they collect about you is governed by their privacy policies and laws applicable to them and our use of such information is governed by this policy and laws applicable to us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Facebook or any other third party, including any third party websites linked to, or made available through, the Website.
2.6 We will not sell your Personal Information to direct marketers.
2.7 You acknowledge and agree that our use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy may require that that information is transferred to, and/or stored with, processors or other third parties in other countries which may not have the same data protection laws as New Zealand or any country in which you are resident.
4.1 We will use all reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we hold from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. However, as the internet is an open network, we do not warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safe from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, either during transmission to or from us, or when held by us.
5. CHANGE OF CONTROL
5.1 We may sell or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to another party as part of the sale or transfer of all or part of our business to a third party. Following that sale or transfer, that third party will be solely responsible to you for any privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
7. CONTACTING US
- (b) want to access or correct any Personal Information we hold about you; or
- (c) want us to stop sending you any information,
please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org